Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Make A Noise

Give ear to my prayer, O GOD; and hide not thyself from my supplication.  Attend unto me, and hear me: I mourn in my complaint, and MAKE A NOISE...  Psalm 55:1-2

"Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice."  Psalms 55:17

Sometimes prayer is a nice quiet reflection.  Sometimes it's a time of praise and worship.  I'm sure always it's a time of asking, and waiting patiently for the Lord to move.  Sometimes it's a process of change in our hearts until His will becomes our will.  Once in a while though prayer is a WAR.  Not a war against evil, but a battle with God.  

There are times in life that you want something so badly that you will go to desperate measures to get it.  I can think of a few people in the Bible that went to battle with God in prayer:

Hannah cried out to God so passionately for a child that the Priest in the temple thought she was drunk.  David filled the Psalms with desperate cries of deliverance from the enemy.  In fact Psalm55 are David's words to God.  Jesus was overcome with emotion in the garden and prayed so hard that his sweat became drops of blood.   Jacob even physically wrestled with the Lord himself and said "I'm NOT letting go until you bless me." 

Desperate times call for desperate prayers.  Begging, pleading, weeping, raging.  There have been many times in my life that I KNEW that only prayer would change a person or situation.  I think about the times that I have locked myself in the closet and cried out to God, and I mean MAKING A NOISE.  My emotions over the situation would not allow me to keep quiet.  Sometimes you just have to say it out LOUD.  You have to know you've been heard by heaven.  These times in my life that I have made a noise, have been the same land mark times in my life that I have seen God move and answer my prayers.  

Hannah cried out because she desperately wanted a child.  I know many moms right now who are crying out to God for one of their children.  Nothing hurts worse than seeing your child hurt.  We get desperate.   Many wives and husbands have made a noise over broken marriages.  Many have cried out over a sick loved one.  These are desperate times.  We need to make a noise.  We need to cry out to God.  David cried out morning, noon and night to see God act on his behalf. 

Too many times though we give up before we see God move.  We don't see him moving or he is taking too long so we give up.  Then often times we miss out on seeing what God would have done on our behalf. 

In Luke 11 Jesus is teaching about prayer and he tells a little story about a man who needed some bread so he went to his neighbors house to borrow some.  The neighbor said go away my children are asleep, but the man wouldn't go away.  Jesus says in verse 8 that the neighbor would not get up for his friend, YET because of his persistence he will rise and give him as many as he needs.

vs 9 "And I say unto you Ask, and it shall be given you, seek, and ye shall find; knock and it shall be opened to you."

That verse means KEEP ASKING.   KEEP SEEKING.  KEEP KNOCKING.  Don't give up.  Cry out, make a noise.   Is there a thing in your life that you desperately want to see God do?  CRY OUT.  Are you hurting?  Make a noise.  Keep going to God.   Beg God to listen, just like David did.  Get his attention.  It may take time, but keep praying, and watch and be amazed as you see God move on your behalf. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by... let me know what's on your mind!

You've changed

 It's a subtle thing that I don't think people even realize they are doing but it's always there, that look in their eyes and th...