Friday, December 11, 2009

How Great...

Sometimes a miracle is such a small thing that you couldn't share it with someone else because they wouldn't see the wonder in it that you do. Sometimes an answer to your prayers is just a whisper back as if to say "I hear you..." I had one of those moments today when I really needed to know that He hears me. I know the Lord is trying to help me learn how to have a much more personal Faith in Him... I'm in a period in my life where I have learned that I can trust Him, but that I can not always be trusted. I think of the story of Abraham being asked to sacrifice Isaac, and how really the test was could God trust Abraham. He saw that He could.

So, today I whispered a little prayer and tried with all my might not to try my old tricks of making things happen. Then it happened a phone call with a very ordinary invitation, but to me a whispered response to my heart. Yes, God hears my prayers. Yes, He cares about the small things too. Yes, He sees me trying and He provides. Because He is Jehovah Jirah "The Lord will provide". How Great is our God that He cares for each one of us and our situations.

2 comments:

  1. My mom and I were talking about how precious moments like those are. Last night I got home from work and even though it was around 11 PM, I still felt restlesness. Before I would probably get on my computer until I finally felt sleepy, but now I'm realizing that more often than not, that restlesness is a nudge towards prayer. So I got down for some prayer and it ended up into an overview of my day, prayers for people, prayers for myself, and then a small little request from God concerning work the following day (today). I said "Amen", got into bed, and just moments later, before I drifted off to sleep, I heard my phone buzz from a text message from a co-worker... concerning EXACTLY what I had just prayed about.

    The moment I saw the text I smiled and said a "thank you" to the Father who is always with me, to the God who hears and is near.

    Thanks for sharing your story! I am always encouraged when I see God moving in the lives of my brothers and sisters in Christ.

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Iona... What a wonderful story. It's funny how so many times our Sisters in Christ are dealing with the same things we are. I know what you mean. Lately I have been restless alot and I know that the Holy Spirit is trying to get my attention. Anyway, you made me smile and I needed that... Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by... let me know what's on your mind!

You've changed

 It's a subtle thing that I don't think people even realize they are doing but it's always there, that look in their eyes and th...