Sunday, December 6, 2009

Faithful...

Today I was getting on to my son for something I had gotten on to him for about a hundred times already. I had this thought as I often do and I know probably every parent does "When is he gonna get this?" I've discovered that parenting is the hardest thing I have every done. Especially if your goal is "training them in the way they should go". I say especially because I am still being trained in the way I should go and I have no wisdom of my own. I have seen so many parents who have given up along the way and I really don't want to be one of those. But, I do understand. It is so hard to be diligent and to continue when you feel defeated. It is so hard when you feel like no one is listening or receiving the instructions. It's hard when you are trying to do your best and you feel resented and misunderstood by the people you love so much...

While all of these thoughts were playing in my head the soft voice of the Holy Spirit said "yes, I know how you feel!" Then he brought one of my favorite verses to mind. "Being confident of this very thing, that He which has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ. " I am a work in progress and it has been a long time that God has been at this work in me. I have been stubborn and rebellious, BUT God has been faithful, kind, and patient to me along the way. He has been there to bring me back when I have turned my back on him. He has loved me enough to not give up on me when I made it seem impossible that I would ever get it. HE has done that for all of HIS children and we owe it to ours to be faithful and kind and understanding and patient. We should be willing to work hard when we are tired and discouraged, because Jesus Christ had done the same for us. We can not give up or be discouraged this is a War for their souls and just as God fights for us everyday we must fight for them. When I think of how much patience my heavenly Father has had with me it motivates me to continue. He is showing me the way by the way he has treated me...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by... let me know what's on your mind!

You've changed

 It's a subtle thing that I don't think people even realize they are doing but it's always there, that look in their eyes and th...