Thursday, February 9, 2012

This ain't a wonderful world....

So, I'm glad it's not my home. 

But here is a picture of where I will retire someday:

"I saw a NEW heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

  And I John saw the holy city, NEW Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride for her husband.

 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, BEHOLD, the tabernacle (dwelling place) of God IS WITH men, and HE will dwell with them, they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be NO MORE death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be ANY MORE pain: for the former things are passed away. 

And He that sat upon the throne said, BEHOLD, I MAKE ALL THINGS NEW. And HE said to me, Write: FOR THESE WORDS ARE TRUE AND FAITHFUL. 

And He said unto me, IT IS DONE.  I AM the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end.  I WILL give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the WATER OF LIFE freely.

He that overcometh shall inherit ALL things; and I WILL BE HIS GOD, and he shall be my son."

It's obvious from this passage that Jesus knew that we would have sorrow, and pain, and suffering.  I don't know what you are going through today, but God knows.  I don't know your pain, but I know mine and I am comforted every time I read these words.  Jesus knew this life was full of suffering.  Paul said to be a part of Christ you must share in His suffering.  Suffering is the best tool that God can use or allow in our lives to conform us to the image of His son, BUT GOD said that is not the end.  THERE IS JOY IN THE MORNING.  There is beauty in the ashes.  There is a beautiful vessel that comes out of the Refiners fire and when that vessel is purified there is a place waiting that exceeds our imagination. 

Father, I praise your holy name.  You are my strength, my comfort, my banner.  When I dwell on your word and your promises I can see this place is not worth holding on to.  My home is with you.  I can let go of the ones that you want to take there, because it's better there.  I can rest and have peace.  You are faithful and true and if you said it that's all I need.  Thank you for preparing a place for one who is so unworthy...  I can only Imagine!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by... let me know what's on your mind!

You've changed

 It's a subtle thing that I don't think people even realize they are doing but it's always there, that look in their eyes and th...