Thursday, April 1, 2010

The difference...

Some days around here are better than others. Not just for me, but for the kids as well. I am 32 weeks pregnant. My feet hurt and my back aches. My nerves are raw and I have little patience. Sounds like the set-up for disaster... I've been getting up in the morning and having quiet time with the Lord. He is making me ever more aware that He is the Vine and I am the branch... "IF I abide in HIM I will bear much fruit." BUT, if not I will kill the fruit.

There are those days though that I think I'm way too tired and deserve to lay in the bed for an extra hour or two. Thinking foolishly that if I get more rest that I will be able to face the day in better form. Forgetting of COURSE that if I was walking in the SPIRIT that I would be able to face anything today. AND, that the fruit of His Spirit is just what my family actually needs from me... Love, Joy, Peace, Gentleness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Patience and Self-Control... These are the things that make the difference to ME AND THEM. Not more rest. More time with my Father.

On this day when I decided that sleep was so much more important I have managed to treat my children like a nuisance instead of a blessing. What a miracle I have growing inside of me. What precious treasures I have in front of me... Lord, help me to not forget that you MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN ME... AND, they the little people You have given me are the most important "thing" I have. Don't let me go my own way or lean on my own understanding. You can be my rest. You can be my strength, You can be my joy. They need me to be filled with you...

1 comment:

  1. Angela,

    I have been thinking about you and praying for you and your family.

    My daughters are now 16 and 13 and I still have days like yours:) They would let me sleep and I could just do what I want all day but would it be the right thing to do? It would not:)

    I try to get up early 7:00 and then wake the girls up by 8:00. We start our day doing school and I try to get a few things done around the house unless they need help with something:)

    We finish up our school around 3-3:30 I then try to have some time knitting (trying to put somethings on Etsy.com) If not I try to get everything ready before my husband gets home...so as you can see I still don't get much "me" time which I can't stand when people think they deserve this kind of time? Your children will remember you sitting on the floor playing with them or sitting at the table reading, doing art, or school work....They look to you on how your day will go...make it a blessing.

    Thank you Jesus for giving us strength to raise the children you have given us do not let us take for granted this special time...thank you for your grace and mercy:) In Jesus name amen.

    Much Love,

    Renee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by... let me know what's on your mind!

You've changed

 It's a subtle thing that I don't think people even realize they are doing but it's always there, that look in their eyes and th...