Monday, February 22, 2010

In Sync...

Last night I was watching the Couples Figure Skating and I was blown away by the couple from the US. They were so in tuned to one another you could see that they had spent alot of time together practicing their routine. They knew exactly what the other person was going to do and some of the moves that they did you would have to have COMPLETE TRUST in the other person to do.

As I sat there I felt the Holy Spirit speaking to my heart. As you may know He has been impressing upon my heart the absolute NEED for me to be connected to the vine. The need to be FILLED with His SPIRIT. The NEED to DIE to my flesh. He is showing me continually through triumphs and failures that "I can do ALL things through Christ" and "I can do nothing apart from Him".

My question to myself last night was how much time do they (the skaters) spend together to be that In-sync? How many times does the girl have to be thrown in the air and caught before she gets to the point that there in no fear in her? How well do they have to know each other to be able to anticipate what the other person in going to do? How do you learn to TRUST someone else that much?

I'm sure you know where this is going... We can't spend one day a week at church and think we have a relationship with Christ. I can't spend 10 minutes every couple of days reading the bible and praying and think that I know the mind of Christ. God has a lot to say to us through His word. I have to spend time digging into it so that I can KNOW what He would have me do in any situation. I have to have few hundred practices with Jesus before I learn to TRUST Him completely that He will never let me FALL. I have to have been in scary situations to learn that I have nothing to fear in Christ. I read this morning about Jesus sending the Comforter who would be with us continually and lead us into all TRUTH. I have to spend time with the comforter to be comforted and I have to spend time with Him to be lead into all truth.

If it was Jesus's normal custom to go apart and pray and commune with His Father shouldn't it be mine. In Romans 12 it says " Be not conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind so that you may prove what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God." Paul was talking to Followers of Christ, not the lost. He was saying that it is a continual process to have our minds renewed. I have to spend time with Jesus to be IN-SYNC with Him. I have to spend time with Him to know HIS WAYS. I know some may be thinking OKAY Angela why is this so hard for you to understand?!?!? WE KNOW THIS, but I guess that I feel like I have been walking in the flesh for a while thinking that just because I was a follower of Christ that I was FOLLOWING CHRIST. My arrogance and my pride and being deceived and blinded has caused some problems in my home and I don't want that to happen anymore. So, I realize that I HAVE to spend QUALITY TIME with Jesus and m y bible to change me and my way of thinking.

Lord, please continue to show me my need to be transformed and that your work is no where near done. I pray that you would help me fall in love with you so that it is not an obligation, but a date when we get together... Please fan the flame of my love for you and be my ALL IN ALL. YOU deserve everything you're asking from me so I pray that I would give you anything with a willing heart knowing that you are GOOD and YOU ALONE satisfy...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by... let me know what's on your mind!

You've changed

 It's a subtle thing that I don't think people even realize they are doing but it's always there, that look in their eyes and th...