Thursday, April 16, 2015

He Comes Down...

"And the Lord said, I have surely SEEN the affliction of my people which are in Egypt, and have HEARD their cry by reason of their taskmasters; for I KNOW their sorrows; AND I AM COME DOWN TO DELIVER THEM..." Ex 3:7-8

First of all, drop this and go read Exodus 3 for yourself...  then come back and have a Hallelujah meeting with me...

I really don't know where to start or what to say that could be better than the Word itself, but I'm so excited I have to try... 

The children of Israel had become slaves in Egypt...  They had been there for 400 years.  Their  horrible situation drove them to cry out to God to set them free.   I know me and by this point I would believe a few things about God:

1.  He isn't real.
2.  He doesn't hear or care.
3.  He doesn't keep his promises.

BUT, at the appointed time (because God ALWAYS has an appointed time), God went to find His man, His deliverer.  This story is really too good for me to sum up so I really hope that you will go read Exodus for yourself.  Moses was God's man.  He's has  a really cool story in EX 1-3 (go read it).  Moses was a murderer.   I mean he looked this way and that way to see if anyone was around and he killed an Egyptian and ran off in the desert.  He ends up in Midian and marries a nice girl, they settle down, have littles and he becomes a shepherd.  The Bible says he was content with His new life, but God had plans for Moses.

One day Moses is out with the sheep and he sees a bush burning, but not consumed so he goes a little closer to investigate.   The God of the universe meets Moses in this place and tells him that He has a plan and Moses is His man.  

I fall in love with God every time I read this story.  The God who made all things, this all-powerful, amazing God, who speaks and planets appear, who makes man out of dust, COMES DOWN.  He comes down.

These people were content to stay right there in Egypt until things got hard.  Just like us.  We are content without God until he allows some painful things in our lives that makes us cry out to Him.   There is purpose in our pain.  They cried out to God because they were hurting and GOD CAME DOWN.

He came down and he told Moses, I have heard their cries, I have seen their pain and I know their sorrows and I am going to deliver them.  He has done that for us as well...  He sent JESUS because he sees, He hears, He knows, and He delivers.   The bible says "He sent His Word and it healed them of all of their diseases."  and "He (JESUS) is the WORD made flesh.

We do not serve a God that is deaf to our cries or blind to our pain.  We serve a God who comes down and delivers.  We serve a God who says I will be their God and they will be my people and I will wipe every tear from their eyes.  We serve a God who has a plan and an appointed time.  We serve a God called:

 "The Father of mercies and the God of ALL comfort; Who comforts us in ALL of our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in ANY trouble, by the comfort that we ourselves are comforted of God."

Take that in for a minute...  God comforts us so that we can comfort those who are hurting.   Our pain has a purpose and we can say to someone else He sees, He hears, He knows and He COMES DOWN.  The Bible says that "God is NEAR to the brokenhearted".  

Our God is not like other gods.  He comes to us and comforts us.  He sooths our fears.  He calms our storms.  He walks on water to get to us.  He loves us.  He has a plan.  He is for us and He is with us. 

All I can say is "Behold the Lamb of God."  HE CAME DOWN!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by... let me know what's on your mind!

You've changed

 It's a subtle thing that I don't think people even realize they are doing but it's always there, that look in their eyes and th...