Thursday, January 5, 2012

One Week...

Well, it's the end of the first week of 2012 and already it's been a long year...
My mom who had been diagnosed with stage four lung cancer last year battled through it this last year and was declared cancer free in September. This week she was admitted into ICU because she had pneumonia and we were told that she has a hole in her lung, where half has been removed, that has not healed. This hole the Dr. said could be the result of more cancer. After a lifetime it felt like we received the wonderful news that my mom is still cancer free. Praise the Lord. However, she will need surgery to repair the hole in her lung.
Isn't it amazing how slowly time can creep by when you are waiting for news. I feel like half of the year has gone by already waiting on this news. The truth though is that it's been one week, thankfully Lord willing I will be able to enjoy the rest of this year watching my mom recover and gain strength after her surgery. One more day, week, or year is a blessing, but the struggle of this week has made me long for home more and more. I long for that day when we will be in heaven with Our God and we will be his people. I can't wait for the no mores, no more tears, no more pain... I can't wait for all the good. Mostly I can't wait to see Him face to face. The one who will wipe away our tears. The One who gave His life for me. The One who longed for fellowship with me so much that He would stop at nothing to make sure I was there with HIM.
This One Week has made me long for You more than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by... let me know what's on your mind!

You've changed

 It's a subtle thing that I don't think people even realize they are doing but it's always there, that look in their eyes and th...