Thursday, June 24, 2010

Will this spoil him???

I'm sitting on the couch with the baby in my lap. It has never ceased to amaze me how wonderfully he sleeps when I am holding him. He is so peaceful, so beautiful. I know the time will go by so quickly and he will be grown before I know it. So, I hold him in my arms instead of putting him in the bed. While I look around at a house that looks like a tornado came through it. I know there is so much to do... dishes, laundry, etc. And, there is that voice telling me "You're gonna spoil him". The same one that tells me each night not to hold him so close to me in bed. I should put him back in his bed. BUT, I LIKE to hold him, and I LIKE to sleep beside him. I LOVE watching him as he sleeps in my arm. AND, I know how quickly this time will pass.

I know there are things that need to be done, but as I look around this world I see far too many kids that aren't held enough and no one has time for them. The dishes will be there later, the laundry will still be there later. But, I want my kids to know that they were loved. That mommy was in love with each one of them. I'm sorry but I can't let him cry himself to sleep so if he wants to sleep next to me so be it. Pretty soon I won't be able to pay him for a kiss because he'll be too old for that. So, I'm just gonna enjoy each one of them where they are right now. If I am accused of bad parenting let it be because I gave them to much attention!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by... let me know what's on your mind!

You've changed

 It's a subtle thing that I don't think people even realize they are doing but it's always there, that look in their eyes and th...