Thursday, December 17, 2009

Being available...

For years I have felt a burden to start a Storehouse ministry. Where people who want to get rid of stuff would donate their things (clothes, food, furniture...) to people who are in need. I never felt like the time was right, but this vision was always in the back of my mind. In the last year my family has had hard times just like everyone else. There have been times when things were pretty tight around here and although we have not been without we have had to sacrifice. It has really made me think about all the parents out there who must be so broken hearted when they look at their children and they don't have anything to give them.

There is a lot of suffering going on around me and I know that God has used this as well as our own struggles to propel me into action. Recently I have felt the burden that now is the time. I have so much going on with my family, but I think this is on of those things the Proverbs 31 woman would do. She takes care of the poor.

At first I was thinking really big. I was overwhelmed with all the what-ifs and not having the resources. I started praying "Ok, Lord, if this is what you want me to do then you have to make it happen. You have to provide." Little did I know that He had his own ideas. One day I said "Ok, what is your vision?" I mean I thought He was gonna come through with a building and really make this legit. But, it seems His answer was different for now anyway. I just started receiving all this stuff from people. Stuff that doesn't fit us. Stuff we can't use right now. And then COINCIDENTALLY people informed me of needs that they knew of?!?!? God began to show me that He would let me know WHEN there was a need and He would provide the things for that need, but I had to be available. I had to pay attention. I had to let the Lord lead me. BECAUSE IT'S ALL ABOUT HIM, not me.

He is AMAZING... I can't wait to see what God does next...

1 comment:

  1. This post was great. So many times I want to serve God and others on MY terms, when it's convenient for me, when it benefits me in some way, etc. But God's ways are higher than my own. I can't fathom what they are at all times or what their end result will be exactly, but He is always right and He always desires our good.

    On a side note, this post reminded me of another post I sent to myself a while back from another blog. I'm not Catholic, but the woman who writes this blog is. Despite the differences, this particular post of hers resonated with me deeply. Give it a look if you'd like, it's about "God's Gifts": http://adorotedevote.blogspot.com/2009/05/gifts.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by... let me know what's on your mind!

You've changed

 It's a subtle thing that I don't think people even realize they are doing but it's always there, that look in their eyes and th...